Sublimation paper is applicable to sublimation transfer, on which can print images with mirror reversal through inkjet printing, flat printing, screen printing and gravure printing onto textile, fabric, flag… and so on. And, for sublimation transfer paper, we generally divide it into 2 types: Fast Dry Sublimation Transfer Paper and Sticky/Tacky Sublimation Paper. Do you know the difference between them?
1. Drying Speed
* High-Speed Transfer Paper it’s now widely used in home-ware, craft work,and costumes. Just like its name, the drying speed of this type transfer paper is very quick and it dries completely in 2 minutes after heating.
* Sticky Sublimation Paper means on one side it has a tackified coating which is the main factor that can influence the speed of drying, and this type of sublimation paper usually dries in 3-4 minutes after heating.
* Quick Dry Sublimation Paper is s normally used in the market, such as sport apparel, interior fabrics, fashion textile, lanyards & labels, sign & display and so on.
* Tacky Transfer Paper prevents the paper and textile from moving, the ghosting will not occur. So it is mostly used in stretch material such as lycra, the stretch material has a elastic which is much easier moving during the transfer, like straitjacket, swimwear, cycling clothes.
* The price of tacky paper is higher than high-speed paper because it has a tackified coating.
4. Transfer Yield
* Fast Dry Sublimation Paper could deliver the 96.% ink to the substrate
* Sticky Sublimation Paper is 95.7%
5. Available Size
* Fast Dry Paper: 45gsm, 50gsm, 57gsm, 60gsm, 70gsm, 75gsm, 77gsm, 88gsm, 90gsm, 100gsm, 105gsm, 120gsm: 17″, 24″, 36″, 44″, 50″, 52″, 54″, 63″, 64″, 72″, 126″
* Tacky Paper: 100gsm / 105gsm: 17″, 24″, 36″, 44″, 50″, 52″, 54″, 63″, 64″, 72″, 126″
Whether if you are using the high-speed paper or the tacky paper, hope this article will help you know more about them. Thank you for you reading. Any demand, please feel free to contact us. 🙂