How To Clean the Print Head of Our Digital Inkjet Printer?
Category : Blog
As we all known, every digital inkjet printer on the market has one thing in common: a print head. When our printer prints incomplete, streaked or faded lines, it is likely that there is a clogged nozzle. Then, we should check it. If It’s the problem of printhead, we should clean it immediately. This article will introduces how to clean the print head of Oric Digital Inkjet Printer.
1. Turn off the dye sublimation printer.
2. Cut a paper towel in half and lengthwise, fold it in a manner that it’s about one-half inch wide.
3. Open your printer’s top, you will see a rubber roller there, it transfers paper across the feed system (the place, where Printhead runs over during printing). Tape the paper towel on the rubber roller and spray few drops of the Printers jack print head cleaner in the middle of the towel.
4. Next, move the assembly of Printhead over the paper towel and leave it for almost fifteen minutes. Also, let the dried ink on the Printhead to dissolve. When you remove the paper towel, you will see the black ink on it. It’s not just the smeared black ink but a mixture of all the colors.
5. Repeat the same cleaning process of placing the damped towel on rubber roller until you start seeing each color separately. You might have to do it several times to achieve your desired result.
6. After cleaning, put the Printhead assembly back to its place and turn on the dye sublimation printer.
7. Again, print several pages to check all the ports are ink free.
Faster digital sublimation printers, like Oric, tend to damage Printhead more often, thus its crucial to maintain it and keep print head cleaners on hand. Any question, please contact us. Our team will provide you the best service. Thank you for your reading.