Category : Blog
Because heat press machine acts as the lifeblood of your business, you’ll need to take good care of it and ensure it’s always clean. This will enable it to last longer and function at its best at all times. As you plan to clean your calender, there are a few tips you need to remember to ensure the entire process goes well.
1. The first step involves unplugging your heat transfer machine from the electrical outlet for safety reasons. Then give the machine enough time to cool down.
2. Mix the non-abrasive cleaner with some warm water in a small basin/bucket. Some good examples of non-abrasive cleaners include liquid dish soaps and liquid hand cleaner.
3. Dip a rag or any other soft cloth into the soapy water and use it to wipe down your press platens.
4. Heat up the heat press calender.
5. Fold your cloth nice and thick so that it will protect your hand from the hot plates (or wear some heat-proof gloves).
6. Pop a decent amount of EZ Off Hot Iron Paste onto your cloth and give the plates another wipe down. This should remove any residue that remains after the first clean.
7. Use an old shirt and simply do a clean heat press onto this shirt. This step will help to get rid of any impurities and residue that you might have missed whilst cleaning. It will also get rid of any excess cleaning paste or residue that might have remained on the platens.
Feel free to share your heat press horror stories below in the comments section. How did you clean your heat transfer machine? Any questions, please contact us and our team will try our best to provide the best service for you. Thanks for reading this post.