The importance of having a consistent manufacturing process from beginning to end to produce a high-quality finished product in A3 DTG printing machine cannot be overstated. Minor variables, however, have an impact on the uniformity and quality of the t-shirts.
When a Direct to Garment printer is turned on, the majority of them stir the White Ink and CMYK Inks. The following are some pointers for getting started with DTG printers and achieving a superb end result in your manufacturing.
DTG Printer details
Some Tips on DTG Printing
- The first step is to print a nozzle check, which allows you to verify the health of your print head, CMYK inks, and White ink. The nozzle of your print heads are clogged with inks if the printed result of the nozzle check results in breakage. As a result, undertake a cleaning routine until the printed result of the nozzle check is flawless.
- Pre-treatment of T-shirts: In general, inconsistent pre-treatment will produce a t-shirt of poor quality, but consistent pre-treatment will provide a top-notch final product. An automated pre-treatment device and a portable power sprayer are the two types of pre-treatment. Unfortunately, there is no alternative widely used method for producing pretreatment. The only way to ensure that a specific t-shirt brand and/or style will match the real outcome as well as subsequent customer orders is, however, to use an automatic pretreatment equipment. On the other hand, albeit it needs much training and experience, handheld pretreatment can be utilized just as well as an automatic pretreatment device.
- RIP software, also known as a raster image processor, enables you to raster any picture or piece of artwork or design that will be printed on your t-shirt. It would be useful for new clients and allows you to store the photographs you have already printed for your loyal customers. Sequentially, ensuring the propping of the t-shirt, having the collar be on the edge of the DTG platen, and referring to the archived image to be on the matching position are ways to establish consistency on the print outcome. Giving consistency and reliable superb print output.
- DTG printers differ from the majority of garment printing techniques. The DTG printer needs to be in a controlled atmosphere with a minimum of 40% humidity in order for you to obtain the exceptional quality you are aiming for. However, given that they are not experiencing any ink clogging concerns, some DTG printer owners or operators may come to the conclusion that the climate and humidity are suitable for the DTG printer. Contrary to popular belief, a low humidity environment will cause the DTG printer’s print head to overheat. The print head experiences clogging problems since the ink has a tendency to solidify there. As a result, a low humidity environment will be expensive because of ink waste and the time required to maintain the print head.
- Quality control is yet another crucial component of any printing technique. The washability and look of the print are used in A3 DTG printing machine to evaluate the print quality. As a result, the washing test will reveal a lot about the final product’s quality. Printing a sample t-shirt during production and washing it in a test wash will show you whether there is a problem with your pretreatment or curing for direct-to-garment printing.
The ideal method for printing on clothing is a DTG, or direct to garment, printer. DTG uses the well-known Inkjet technology to print directly on the cloth. This procedure is relatively straightforward since DTG fixes the garment in place while the ink is injected directly into the fabric and absorbed by the fibers of the garment. The only difference between this technology and our standard printer is that we utilize clothes instead of paper.
Direct Prints on the Fabric
DTG prints right onto the fabric. Color pigments are immediately injected onto the fabric by the printer. The finished print is very soft as a result.
DTG printing machine provides the simplest color printing options for fabrics, but other fabric printing procedures might make it difficult to blend colors. They are able to reproduce gradients, even the smallest details, and colors.
Simple to Set Up
Setting up DTG printers is simple. It resembles standard inkjet desktop printers used in homes and companies quite a bit.