About components of UV printers, users pay the most attention to nozzles, as the nozzle is the core part of UV printers. The quality of the nozzle directly determines the working efficiency of the printer and the quality of the printed products. Whether it is the consulting department or the after-sales service department, the inquiries received from customers mainly relate to the use and maintenance of printer nozzles. Today, let’s introduce knowledge about UV printer nozzles from multiple perspectives, as well as some problems encountered in the process of use.
1. Famous brands of UV printer nozzles
Epson, Seiko, Konica, Ricoh, Kyocera. It is worth noting that when customers buy Printers, some manufacturers only tell them what brand the nozzle is, but do not say their specific model. Take the fifth generation of Epson nozzles, for example, the models are 158.186.187, etc. 186 sprinkler consists of golden panel ones and grey panel ones. The difference between models means that they are compatible with different inks. Another example is the Ricoh nozzle, which includes the large Ricoh type (G5) and small Ricoh type (GH2220). The former includes nozzles of water-based, oil-based, long-term, short-term, two-channel, and four-channel.
2. UV ink
Remember, ink cannot be used indiscriminately!
Different types of UV printer nozzles have different structures and sizes. Some inks have large molecular particles, and some inks are sticky. Using the wrong ink may cause irreversible damage to the nozzle, or even machines directly break down. For the Ricoh nozzle, Some models can use one kind of ink, while others may not. The ink available for Epson series nozzles may not be available for Toshiba nozzles.
3. Quality of nozzle and strength of the manufacturer
Generally, the well-made nozzle can reflect that the relevant motherboard and equipment are also better than those of other companies. Therefore, the quality of the nozzle is one of the standards to judge the technical level of the manufacturer. The performance of mechanical equipment that can match high-quality nozzles is usually not bad.
4. Number of spray holes and printing speed
Different brands of printers usually have different numbers of orifices. In general, for UV printers of the same brand, the more the number of holes, the faster the printing speed will be.
5. Size of Nozzle aperture and print quality
The thinner the orifice, the smaller the falling ink droplet, and accordingly, the finer the image quality can be. However, high-definition images and high-speed printing usually cannot appear both. The thinner the orifice is, the higher requirement for ink quality there is. Because the nozzle with small spray holes is prone to poor ink circulation. On the contrary, the nozzle with a big aperture is not so picky about ink. Accordingly, the fineness of the printed image is not so high. However, there are also a few nozzles, which achieve a balance in terms of speed and image quality, with both advantages.
6. Choose a civil print nozzle or an industrial print nozzle
As far as the nozzle of the UV printer itself is concerned, it is not divided into civil or industrial categories. It is only because there is a big gap in their use, printing speed, printing quality, and so on. Customers call the nozzle with high performance, long service life, and good compatibility as an industrial nozzle. Those nozzles with a high failure rate and short service life are called civil nozzles.
7. The allowable height deviation
No matter which brand of UV printer nozzle, its allowable height deviation is generally not more than 10mm. Generally, it is best to control it between 3~5mm. Once the value is exceeded, there will be ink spitting, faint halo, and other phenomena.
Many businesses who are selling UV printing equipment will receive such feedback: “my printer was working well the day before, and I turned off it normally. Now, there is a problem with the ink output of the nozzle.” Then manufacturers or dealers often ask him to clean the printer nozzle. When cleaning, if the operation is improper, it is easy to waste ink and even damage the printer nozzle. Next, we will summarize the main problems and solutions that cause the blockage of printer nozzles.
Causes of blockage of UV flat-panel printer nozzle
1. Bubble UV ink produces bubbles, which enter the nozzle and cause blockage.
2. Small impurities in the UV ink block the nozzle.
3. Those harmful substances in the poor quality UV ink were blocked in front of the filter screen.
4. The ink dries up when the nozzle is not used for a long time.
5. Chemical reaction You did not choose the right UV ink, causing a chemical reaction.
6. Putrefaction usually occurs when the temperature is high, and the ink deteriorates under high temperature.
7. When producing UV ink, the content of calcium ions, magnesium ions and sodium ions in water is high. After long-term use of this kind of ink, scale accumulated and horizontal lines appeared on the nozzle.
8. Lubricating oil volatilize, changing the physical properties of the nozzle.
9. When testing the chip performance, close the ink valve, and the ink cannot pass normally.
10. There are many dust particles in the dust working environment, which are adsorbed on the nozzle.
Summarizing the above situation, it can be roughly divided into soft matter blocking and hard matter blocking.
1. The viscosity of ink on the nozzle increases
If the nozzle is not seriously blocked, use the cleaning solution to wash it. If you have continuously cleaned it more than three times, it means that the problem is serious. Don’t waste expensive cleaning fluid. At this time, it needs to be treated with other measures.
2. There are chemical coagulants or impurities
Soaking ( If you are not in a hurry to use a UV printer)
This process needs about 2 hours to 4 days.
Tools: detergent, a clean cup, and a metal container with a smooth bottom. Pay attention to the use of cleaning fluid!
This method uses a medium-strength organic solvent to dissolve the ink particles one by one.
Steps: add cleaning fluid into a metal container, and the cleaning fluid just submerges the print head (do not let the PCB contact the cleaning fluid). This method is harmless to the print head, but it takes a long time.
Cleaning with distilled water
If the print nozzle is seriously blocked, an empty ink cartridge, a disposable syringe, and a bottle of medical distilled water are required (the water can also be purified water). Inhale distilled water with a syringe and inject it into the ink cartridge through the vent hole of the ink cartridge. After a period of time, suck out the distilled water with a syringe. Repeat this operation several times to clean the remaining ink in the cartridge.
Cleaning with ultrasonic instruments
If the situation is very serious, the ultrasonic cleaning machine can be used to generate strong ultrasonic waves and violently vibrate water molecules. After shattering the dry ink particles, let them dissolve in water, so as to achieve the purpose of cleaning. Specific steps: gently put the UV printer head into the cleaning machine and inject pure water or a special cleaning solution. The liquid should just cover the print head (be careful not to let the PCB come into contact with pure water or a special cleaning solution). Cleaning it for 10 to 15 hours.
1. Do not turn on the machine when the voltage is unstable, power is off, or the ink cartridge cannot return to its normal position. Prevent the print head nozzle from being exposed to the air all the time. Otherwise, it will result in rapid drying and condensation of UV ink. When the red power indicator on the UV flat-panel printer is flashing, do not unplug the power plug or cut off the power at will.
2. Avoid laying UV printers aside and let them be idle for a long time. Long-term non-use may result in nozzle blockage. Even if the machine is not used, it should be turned on every other day. The print head will be cleaned automatically. Only in this way can the machine be well maintained.
3. If the ink is run out, please replace the ink cartridge in time.
4. If the UV printer will not be used temporarily, the nozzle needs to be placed in a special nozzle storage box.
5. Clean the printing head regularly. Use a high-quality wet paper towel or cotton-free paper towel to gently wipe the edge of the nozzle, and be careful not to touch the nozzle. Then press the cleaning key on the control panel to clean the nozzle.